Areas Of Practice:
- Business & Commercial Law
- U.S. Federal Court, U.S. Supreme Court
- Ninth Circuit, 1987Northern District of California, 1987Eastern District
- Comment, "Punitive Damages: The Burden of Proof Required By Procedural Due Process,"
- 22 U.S.F. Law Review 99 (1987)
- Within top five finalists, 34th National Conference of Law Reviews Writing Competition
California Supreme Court Judicial Extern:
- San Francisco, CA, Extern to Chief Justice, 1986
- Researched and evaluated petitions for review to California Supreme Court on whether petition satisfied criteria for discretionary review, also reviewed petitions concerning rulings by the Public Utility Commission.
National Labor Relations Board, Region 32, Oakland, CA
- Election Examiner, 1981-1982
- Traveled throughout Region 32 supervising NLRB elections for employees to vote on whether to certify or decertify union representation while finishing course work at University of California at Berkeley for Bachelor of Arts. Required testifying for administrative hearings.
- Intern Field Examiner, 1980-1981
- Investigated unfair labor practice charges. Researched federal jurisdiction, summarized results of investigation to determine whether complaint merited Director to initiate investigation, hold administrative hearing and/or file charges.
- University of San Francisco School of Law, San Francisco
- American Jurisprudence Award in Trusts & Estates
- Recipient of Best Brief Award, 1985 Moot Court
- Bachelor of Arts, Politics, 1981
- University of California – Santa Cruz
- Alternate Student Body President
- Recipient of California State Scholarship
- Professional Associations and Memberships:
- Member of Executive Committee, Litigation Section, State Bar of California.
- Member of Executive Committee, Environmental Law Section, Alameda County Bar Association
- Admitted to U.S. Supreme Court
- Ninth Circuit Court of Appeal
- U.S. District Courts of Northern, Eastern and Central Districts of California.
- California Women's Lawyers Association
- San Francisco Queens Bench Bar Association
- Bar Association of San Francisco
- Public Interest, Activities and Awards:
- Moderator for Environmental Law, Business, and Trial Practice Sections 2013 Continuing Legal Education Course: "Where is CEQA Going? Where should CEQA go?" Alameda County Bar Association, Oakland.
- Panelist for Lorimar Continuing Legal Education Seminars on “Federal Rules of Civil Procedure,” 1996-2000, Oakland.
- Panelist for Stirling Education MCLE Seminar, Fundamentals of Construction Law, 2004, Oakland.
- Briefed and argued for the League of Women Voters and Hayward Democratic Club as amici Hayward Area Planning Assn. v. Superior Court (1990) 218 Cal.App.3d 53 defending referendum of City ordinance.
- Represented League and Hayward Democratic Club before the Superior Court and Court of Appeal on other environmental and election cases.
- President, Hayward Hills Property Owners Association, 1990 to 2004, successfully obtained over $1 million in traffic mitigation fees.
- Graduate, Chamber of Commerce Leadership Oakland Program, 1992.
- 2002 - 2010 Appointee, Alameda County (West) Board of Zoning Adjustment.
- Listed by San Francisco Magazine 2005 Northern California Super Lawyer
- 2008-2012 Appointee to California State Bar Committee on Administration of Justice
- 2008 Recipient of Award by California Pilots Association for “Airport Defender”
- 2012 Appointee, Alameda County Airport Land Use Commission
Attorney Profile: Legal Advice & Services